Participation in the Physician Quality Reporting System program increased by 47 percent from 2012 to 2013, according to CMS' 2013 Physician Quality Reporting System and Electronic Prescribing Incentive Program Experience Report.
Here are five key findings:
1. The 2013 PQRS incentive payments totaled $214 million.
2. Approximately 51 percent of the 1.25 million professionals who were eligible to in 2013 participated in PQRS.
3. Based on 2013 PQRS reporting, 469,755 eligible professionals are subject to a reduction of 1.5 percent of their 2015 Part B Medicare Physician Fee Schedule allowed charges.
4. Participation in the e-prescribing program rose by 9 percent from 2012 to 2013.
5. The 2013 eRx incentive payments totaled approximately $170 million.
More articles on ASC issues:
Source Medical welcomes 6 new executives
SCA appoints new CFO, Nobilis to acquire Houston surgical hospital & more – 5 ASC company key notes
Nobilis Healthcare to acquire Victory Healthcare Houston Hospital: 3 things to know