Are healthcare stock still a good bet?
According to a Barron's report, while healthcare stocks were superior performers for the past few years, they "lost their mojo" in 2014 and "suffered a breakdown relative to the market." So what do you need to know about future top performers?
1. Consumer-oriented industries are taking the lead. Think retail, restaurants and airlines.
2. Healthcare is still in the mix, but might not be a leader or market driver.
3. Smart investors may not decide to overweight a portfolio in healthcare, according to the report.
4. There has been increasing strength for retail and small improvements in entertainment and gambling.
5. Falling energy prices have helped consumer stocks, including a direct boost to airlines.
6. Energy prices going up could reverse current trends.