NueHealth partnered with Rothman Institute, Jefferson Health and 14 multispecialty physicians to acquire the Plymouth Meeting, Pa.-based Blue Bell Surgery Center.
Rothman Institute and Jefferson Health are based in Philadelphia. NueHealth is based in Leawood, Kansas.
Here are six highlights.
1. The ASC is scheduled to reopen as Jefferson Surgery Center – Blue Bell in the third quarter of 2018.
2. NueHealth will take over the ASC's day-to-day management and the new tenant became responsible for facility lease payments May 1.
3. The surgery center is expected to double its case volume to 4,000 patients a year under NueHealth's management.
4. NueHealth plans to fully utilize the center's four operating rooms. The space will be expanded to add clinical facilities and more physicians will be brought onboard.
5. The ASC was founded 10 years ago by a group of independent physicians. A third-party health system operator owned and managed the facility for the past five years.
6. Orthopedic surgeon Timothy Amann, DO, Blue Bell Surgery Center's medical director and one of its original founders, will be involved in the revitalization.