Raleigh, N.C.-based Compass Surgical Partners formed Tampa, Fla.-based Legacy Surgery Center in partnership with a group of physicians.
What you should know:
1. Legacy Surgery Center acquired Tampa-based Elite Surgery Center, an ASC built in 2014 with three operating rooms designed for orthopedic and spine procedures.
2. As Legacy Surgery Center, the ASC will continue offering those specialties, as well as vascular and cardiovascular surgeries.
3. Cardiothoracic surgeon Peter Mikhail, MD, is among the physicians who have joined the partnership. He will perform vascular procedures at the ASC.
4. Legacy Surgery Center has also brought spine surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and pain management specialists onboard.
5. The partners aim to make Legacy Surgery Center "a regionally leading outpatient center for endovascular and cardiovascular interventions," according to a press release.