Catholic Health acquires New York ASC near competing center

Buffalo, N.Y.-based Catholic Health took full ownership of Sterling Surgical Center, a transaction that has been in the works for months, according to The Buffalo News.

Three notes:

1. Catholic Health acquired a 40 percent stake in Sterling Surgical in 2017. It obtained the remaining 60 percent on Aug. 1 for an undisclosed amount.

2. Sterling Surgical has 28 employees and treats about 6,500 patients per year.

3. The Orchard Park, N.Y.-based ASC is about a mile from Southtowns Surgery Center, a joint venture between Buffalo-based Kaleida Health and more than a dozen physician owners. 

More articles on surgery centers: 
$12M ASC completed in North Dakota
Joint-venture ASC opens location near UK HealthCare — 5 insights
Minnesota hospital planning ASC

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months