Here are eight hospitals that have opened or have plans to open ASCs:
1. Kerrville, Texas-based Peterson Health secured a $1.6 million grant that will help prepare the site for its $44 million surgical center.
2. Burlington, Mass.-based Lahey Hospital & Medical Center opened a cardiology medical and surgical center.
3. Texoma Medical Center opened an ASC in Denison, Texas, to offload burden from its main hospital.
4. Southfield, Mich.-based Beaumont Health is opening an outpatient campus with an ASC.
5. Franciscan Health and independent physician group Forté Sports Medicine and Orthopedics opened a facility housing an ASC in Carmel, Ind.
6. Salem (Ohio) Regional Medical Center broke ground on a freestanding outpatient pavilion and ASC.
7. Minneapolis-based Allina Health broke ground on its multispecialty center in Lakeville, Minn., which includes an ASC.
8. Texas County (Mo.) Memorial Hospital is finishing its plans for a new ASC after a $1 million grant from the Department of Agriculture.