Tenet Healthcare appointed Christopher Lynch, a former KPMG partner, to its board of directors.
1. When Mr. Lynch's appointment takes effect Aug. 7, Tenet will have changed 55 percent of its board in under two years, according to Executive Chairman and CEO Ron Rittenmeyer.
2. Mr. Lynch was the national partner in charge of the financial division at KPMG, an audit, tax and advisory firm where he held a 29-year tenure. He is currently an independent director of American International Group and recently retired from Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.
3. The board of Dallas-based Tenet will benefit from Mr. Lynch's understanding of highly regulated industries, as well as his finance, audit and risk management skills, said Bob Kerrey, the board's lead director.
4. In the past two years, six independent directors have joined Tenet's board.
5. Seventy percent of the company's independent directors hold the position for four years or less.