Womack Army Medical Center’s Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit, in Fort Bragg, N.C., has earned recognition status by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, according to DVIDS.com.
Here are five key notes:
1. The WAMC GI Endoscopy Unit is one of two in the Department of Defense to achieve the ASGE recognition.
2. The center underwent a peer review to earn the recognition, and was evaluated on infection control, patient care and providing quality endoscopy.
3. The center also used quality metrics to edit their policies, and started to compare their data against national data.
4. Michael Dann, MD, chief of Gastroenterology Service at WAMC, lead the process to receive the recognition.
5. WAMC is accredited by the Joint Commission, and will be accredited for a three-year period, but must continue to work on gathering quarterly data.