Reston, Va.-based The Gastroenterology Group will begin offering clinical research to its patients through a partnership with Elligo Health Research.
Here's what you should know:
1. Patients will have access to clinical trials and to treatments they might not have previously had.
2. The Gastroenterology Group partnered with Elligo after recognizing the importance of allowing patients access to such treatments.
3. Emil Valle, MD, said, "As a practice on the forefront of medicine, we are pleased to be able to offer clinical trials as treatment options for our patients. This will give our patients access to novel therapies that they would otherwise not have."
4. Elligo CEO John Potthoff, PhD, said the clinical research and related infrastructure is provided to the practice at no cost, so practice physicians can "focus on taking care of patients."
5. Elligo reports 97 percent of U.S. physicians do not offer patients access to clinical research.