Takeda Pharmaceutical is planning a $725 million overhaul of its research and development efforts, according to a Bloomberg report.
Here are five things to know:
1. The company is planning to create a new drug pipeline, and its R&D efforts will be focused in Japan and the United States.
2. Takeda will also focus its efforts in three primary therapeutic areas — oncology, gastroenterology and the central nervous system.
3. The company is considering shutting down some of its United Kingdom operations.
4. Job cuts are expected, noted Takeda's chief medical and scientific officer.
5. The number of jobs that are impacted could vary based on the progress of the overhaul.