The New Jersey Chapter of the American College of Surgeons named Michael Arvanitis, MD, president, according to an Asbury Park Press report.
Here are five takeaways:
1. Dr. Arvanitis is section chief of colon and rectal surgery at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J., a Barnabas Health facility.
2. He is a former president of the medical and dental staff at Monmouth Medical Center.
3. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
4. He has expertise in laparoscopic and robotic surgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and diverticulitis.
5. He completed a fellowship in colorectal surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.