A study presented at Digestive Disease Week 2016 found Medigus' MUSE system is a safe minimally-invasive alternative for the long-term treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Here are five observations:
1. Ali Lankarani, MD, board member of the Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Center at the Borland-Groover Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., will present the study.
2. Dr. Lankarani will share his experience performing endoscopic full thickness fundoplasty with the MUSE system and discuss its benefits to patients who suffer from GERD.
3. The study concludes ultrasound assisted EFTF is a safe alternative to surgical fundoplication to treat patients who are intolerant of medical treatment, particularily patients unwilling or unable to take proton pump inhibitors or are resistant to PPI therapy.
4. The MUSE system is a single-use flexible transoral stapler equipped with an ultrasonic light, range finder and CCD camera.
5. Medigus, with U.S. headquarters in Danville, Calif., is a medical device company that develops minimally invasive endosurgical tools and imaging solutions.