Massachusetts launched its CompareCare website to provide residents a view into the cost and quality of healthcare facilities around the state.
Here is what 20 Massachusetts-based surgery centers charged for a colonoscopy in 2015.
- Braintree-based South Shore Endoscopy Center: $969
- Worcester-based Reliant Medical Group Endoscopy Center: $989
- Weymouth Endoscopy: $1,058
- Stoneham-based DHA Endoscopy: $1,104
- Amherst-based Valley Medical Group Ambulatory Surgery & Procedures Center: $1,137
- Worcester Surgical Center: $1,209
- Pittsburgh-based Berkshire Endoscopy Center: $1,210
- Fall River-based Same Day Surgiclinic: $1,262
- Salem Surgery Center: $1,320
- Lowell-based Northeast Endoscopy Center: $1,348
- Wellesley Hills-based Boston Endoscopy Center: $1,518
- Hyannis-based Cape and Islands Endoscopy Center: $1,524
- Springfield-based Pioneer Valley Surgicenter: $1,576
- Leominster-based Central Massachusetts Ambulatory Endoscopy Center: $1,612
- Brockton-based Endoscopy Center of Southeast Massachusetts: $1,642
- West Bridgewater-based Commonwealth Endoscopy Center: $1,661
- Norwood-based Eastern Massachusetts Surgery Center: $1,667
- Sandwich-based Cape Cod ASC: $1,702
- Framingham-based Charles River Endoscopy: $1,729
- Peabody-based Orthopedics Surgical Center of The North Shore: $1,748
Note: Facility costs, physician fees and anesthesiologist fees are included. The procedure code is 45378.