Gastroenterologist Morris W. Beebe, MD, was one of five arrested in the alleged assault of a 25-year-old woman, WKYT reports.
Here's what you should know:
1. Dr. Beebe was charged with principal to false imprisonment.
2. Police responded to a Holiday Inn in Ocala, Fla., after the woman was allegedly yelling for help from the hotel's balcony June 15.
3. The woman was allegedly severely beaten and had sustained head trauma. Ocala police said the victim knew her assaulters, and that the incident was not a random attack.
4. Police arrested five people in connection with the crime. Three, including Dr. Beebe, were placed in jail. The status of the other two suspects is unknown.
5. Dr. Beebe practices at Baptist Health Corbin (Ky.). The medical center suspended him while he is under investigation.