Audax Private Equity entered into an agreement with physicians and management to recapitalize Gastro Health.
Here are five things to know about Gastro Health:
1. Miami-based GastroHealth includes 21 centers across South Florida. The company was founded in 2006 as a merger between the GI Care Center, Gastroenterology Associates and Gastroenterology Group.
2. Since its founding, Gastro Health acquired 16 new centers and on-boarded more than 30 new physician partners.
3. Deloitte Corporate Finance advised Gastro Health in the deal. Ropes and Gray were counsel to Audax while DLA Piper served as counsel to Gastro Health.
4. Gastro Health CEO Alejandro Fernandez, MBA, hopes the partnership will position the practice for continued growth and superior care.
5. The team includes more than 50 physicians with a focus on adult gastroenterology, advanced endoscopy, colorectal surgery, internal medicine, hepatology, pathology, pediatric gastroenterology and radiology, among other things.