Miami-based Gastro Health is acquiring Birmingham, Ala.-based Southeast Gastro, its first out-of-state acquisition.
What you should know:
1. Southeast Gastro has four main clinical locations, four satellite locations and three surgery centers in Birmingham.
2. Southeast Gastro's 20 board-certified gastroenterologists and 17 advanced practitioners will join Gastro Health's team.
3. Neither practice disclosed terms of the transaction.
4. Gastro Health CEO Joseph Garcia said, "[Southeast Gastro's] long history of providing the highest quality, patient-centered care has made a tremendous impact in their community and speaks directly to our own commitment to improving the health of our patients through teamwork, mutual respect and compassionate care."
5. Gastro Health partnered with Audax Private Equity in June 2016, the first such partnership in the gastroenterology space.