Gastro Health, based in Miami, has acquired three private gastroenterology practices, also in Miami.
Here are five things to know about Gastro Health and its recent acquisitions.
1. Gastro Health acquired the practice of Ronald Stauber, MD, which has one location.
2. The GI practice also acquired the practice of Andres Cowley, MD, which has one location.
3. Gastro Health added the practice of Monroe Scheiner, MD, which has a location in Palmetto, Bay., Fla., and in Homestead, Fla.
4. "All three practices have been operating for over 30 years and we are very pleased to announce these acquisitions," said Alejandro Fernandez, CEO of Gastro Health.
5. Gastro Health was formed by the merger of three gastroenterology practices in 2006. Since then, the practice has grown to include 17 locations, 350 employees and more than 60 providers.