Galmed Pharmaceuticals named Ran Oren, MD, chief medical officer.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Oren is a professor of gastroenterology and hepatology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel as well as the head of the Institute of Gastroenterology and Liver Disease at Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem.
2. Dr. Oren completed a two-year fellowship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Mount Sinai Hospital, both located in New York City.
3. He has previously served as president of the Israeli Association for the Study of the Liver for two terms.
4. Galmed Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
5. The company focuses on developing an oral therapy to treat liver diseases. Patients should take the therapy once a day.