Exact Sciences posted fourth quarter 2018 revenues of $143 million, a 64 percent year-over-year increase.
Here's what you should know:
1. Approximately 292,000 Cologuard tests were completed in the quarter, a 66 percent year-over-year increase.
2. For full-year 2018, Exact reported $454 million in revenue, a 71 percent year-over-year increase. In 2018, Exact completed 934,000 Cologuard tests, a 64 percent year-over-year increase.
3. About 15,000 providers ordered Cologuard for the first time in the fourth quarter.
4. Exact posted a net loss of $54 million or $0.44 per share in the fourth quarter.
5. Company chairman and CEO Kevin Conroy said, "The Exact Sciences team made tremendous progress in 2018, and we look forward to helping more people get screened for colorectal cancer in 2019 through our partnership with Pfizer. Our team continues working hard to advance our pipeline of liquid biopsy tests to deliver additional life-changing innovations in early cancer detection."
6. Exact issued its 2019 outlook, expecting revenues between $710 million and $730 million.
7. The company's stock rocketed on the earnings, setting a new 52-week high at $91 per share.