Exact Sciences completes $2.8B Genomic Health acquisition

Exact Sciences closed its $2.8 billion acquisition of Genomic Health Nov. 8, securing rights to Genomic's diagnostic oncology test, Oncotype DX.

Exact announced the deal in July. The company now owns 91 percent of Genomic Health, with Genomic Health's shareholders making up the other 9 percent. Oncotype DX is part of the larger Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, which Exact absorbed. Genomic is no longer listed on the NASDAQ.

Kevin Conroy, chairman and CEO of Exact, said, "We're excited to bring together some of the greatest minds in cancer diagnostics and continue to deliver advanced tests to providers and patients along their cancer journey."

Copyright © 2022 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

 

Featured Learning Opportunities

Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Podcast