Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City named David E. Cohen, MD, chief of the division of gastroenterology and hepatology.
Here are five highlights:
1. The hiring will go into effect July 1.
2. NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center recruited Dr. Cohen from Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, where he currently serves as director of hepatology.
3. Dr. Cohen's clinical interests include obesity-related gastrointestinal disorders, particularly nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
4. Dr. Cohen will oversee the Jay Monahan Center for Gastrointestinal Health, the Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and the Joan and Sanford I. Weill Center for Metabolic Health.
5. Dr. Cohen earned his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in Boston and completed both his residency and fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital.