The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America has named Michael Osso its new president and CEO, according to an IBD News Today report.
Here are five things to know about Mr. Osso and the CCFA.
1. Mr. Osso has spent the past two years serving as chief business development officer of the CCFA.
2. His entire career has been spent in the non-profit sector. Mr. Osso has led several successful non-profits over the past 25 years, according to the report.
3. Prior to joining the CCFA, he worked with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
4. Mr. Osso will assume the roles of president and CEO of the CCFA August 1.
5. The CCFA, a private and national nonprofit organization, was formed in 1967. Since then, the organization has funded more than $250 million in research, according to the report.