The Bruce and Cynthia Sherman Charitable Foundation will now accept nominations for its 2017 Sherman Prize.
The prize honors individuals who make "exceptional and pioneering" contributions to the fight against Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Two $100,000 awards are available to individuals with "extraordinary" records of achievement against Crohn's and colitis, and a $25,000 prize is available to an individual with potential.
The foundation named six gastroenterologists to its nomination review panel:
- David T. Rubin, MD, prize committee chair, The University of Chicago Medicine
- Elisabeth R. Evans, MSN, UC San Diego Health System
- Sunanda V. Kane, MD, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
- Dermot McGovern, MD, PhD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Mark B. Pochapin, MD, NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City
- Corey A. Siegel, MD, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth in Hanover, N.H.
Nominations can be submitted online here.