The American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has named its board members for 2015 to 2016.
Douglas O. Faigel, MD, FASGE, will now serve as president through May 2016. The other governing board member appointments include:
• President-elect: Kenneth R. McQuaid, MD, FASGE, VA Medical Center (San Francisco)
• Vice President: Karen L. Woods, MD, FASGE, Houston Methodist Hospital
• Secretary, John J. Vargo II, MD, MPH, FASGE, Cleveland Clinic
• Treasurer: Steven A. Edmundowicz, MD, FASGE, Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis)
• Past president: Colleen M. Schmitt, MD, MHS, FASGE, Galen Medical Group (Chattanooga, Tenn.)
• Past President: Kenneth K. Wang, MD, FASGE, Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
The newly appointed councilors include:
• Ian M. Gralnek, MD, MSHS, FASGE, Bruce and Ruth Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Rambam Health Care Campus (Haifa, Israel)
• Brian C. Jacobson, MD, MPH, FASGE, Boston University Medical Center
• John Martin, MD, FASGE, Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
• Douglas K. Rex, MD, FASGE, Indiana University Medical Center (Indianapolis)
• Sarah A. (Betsy) Rodriguez, MD, Oregon Clinic (Portland)
• Prateek Sharma, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center (Kansas City)
John L. Petrini, MD, FASGE, with Sansum Clinic in Santa Barbara, Calif., will serve as the foundation chair.