The American Gastroenterological Association awarded 13 2017 AGA Institute Council Section Research Mentor awards.
Here's what you should know:
1. The AGA recognized one member from each of its 13 council sections who committed to mentoring young researchers.
2. The mentors were recognized at Digestive Disease Week 2017, May 6 to May 9 in Chicago.
3. The honorees are:
- Cellular and molecular gastroenterology section: Nigel W. Bunnett, PhD
- Clinical practice section: Ernst Johan Kuipers, MD, PhD
- Esophageal, gastric and duodenal disorders section: Prateek Sharma, MD
- Gastrointestinal oncology section: Jun Yu, MD, PhD
- Growth, development and child health section: Paul Erick Hyman, MD
- Imaging and advanced technology section: Kenneth K. Wang, MD
- Immunology, microbiology and inflammatory bowel diseases section: Gordon R. Greenberg, MD
- Intestinal disorders section: Nicholas O. Davidson, MD
- Liver and biliary section: Arun J. Sanyal, MD
- Microbiome and microbial diseases in the gastrointestinal tract section: John F. Cryan, PhD
- Neurogastroenterology and motility section: Raj Goyal, MD
- Obesity, metabolism and nutrition section: David H. Alpers, MD,
- Pancreatic disorders section: Peter A. Banks, MD
4. Nominations are open for the 2018 awards, click here for more information.