Miami-based Gastro Health's longterm CEO Alexander Fernandez departed suddenly in February, and Joseph Garcia was named his replacement.
Mr. Fernandez served as Gastro Health's CEO since April 2009.
Here are five things to know about Mr. Garcia.
1. Mr. Garcia came to Gastro Health after serving as Boca Raton, Fla.-based Sage Dental's CEO from May 2013 to January 2018.
2. While at Sage, he rapidly expanded the practice, increasing its footprint from 20 practices to more than 60 practices in Florida and Georgia.
3. Before his time at Sage, Mr. Garcia served as Fort Myers, Fla.-based 21st Century Oncology's COO, which he helped grow into the largest provider of radiation oncology services in the U.S. and Latin America.
4. Mr. Garcia alo led teams at several high-growth, provider-based healthcare companies, including Davita and Sterling Healthcare.
5. He holds a master's degree in business from Omaha, Neb.-based Creighton University.
Note: Becker's ASC Review reached out to Gastro Health for a comment on Mr. Garcia's appointment. This story will be updated.