The American College of Gastroenterology created a comprehensive guide for gastroenterology practices looking to use telemedicine.
What you should know:
1. The guide outlined a five-step process for practices to follow to establish telemedicine services:
- Develop a practice policy on telehealth
- Build a scheduling process
- Choose a telehealth platform to reach patients
- How to document telehealth encounters
- How to charge capture
2. Practices should use telemedicine to care for patients with inflammatory bowel disease, cirrhosis, chronic pancreatitis, eosinophilic esophagitis and other conditions that require ongoing treatment.
3. The guide is a free and comprehensive resource available as part of ACG's COVID-19 response kit.
The guide is available here.