GlobalData analysts expect there will be 1.96 million Crohn's disease patients globally by 2026, according to a market analysis.
Here are five more facts on the global impact of Crohn's disease:
1. The United Kingdom leads the rest of the world in the number of mild-to-moderate cases of Crohn's disease. Approximately 55.11 percent of the United Kingdom's Crohn's disease sufferers have mild-to-moderate Crohn's.
2. Italy has the highest proportion of severe cases at 28.50 percent.
3. Spain and the U.K. have the lowest proportion of severe cases at 8.33 percent and 10.33 percent, respectively.
4. Analysts expect Crohn's disease will grow at a rate of 2.09 percent annually.
5. The U.S. has the most Crohn's disease patients at 993,000, while Japan has the fewest at 42,000.