Here are five trends in the global market for Crohn's disease, according to a Persistence Market Research report.
1. North America dominates the global Crohn's disease market, followed by Europe.
2. Asia is expected to be the fastest growing market in the next five years.
3. Major factors driving market growth include the rising number of drug therapies for Crohn's disease and increasing demand for better diagnostics and treatment options for the auto-immune disease.
4. Lack of awareness among people about the disease and patent expiry of various useful drugs are restraining market growth.
5. The major companies operating in this market are Abbvie, Amgen, Cambridge Antibody Technology Group, Janssen Biotech and Pfizer.