Two more women brought lawsuits against Crestview, Fla.-based gastroenterologist Khalid Moussa, MD, alleging sexual misconduct, nwfdailynews.com reports.
Here's what you should know:
1. Twenty-one women have accused Dr. Moussa of alleged sexual misconduct, to date.
2. Of the alleged victims, seven have brought lawsuits against Dr. Moussa.
3. The lawsuits list Dr. Moussa's physician group, Crestview-based North Okaloosa Physician Group, as a defendant.
4. The two new lawsuits allege similar sexual misconduct incidents occurred. According to one suit, Dr. Moussa allegedly entered the office, ordered the patient to remove her clothes and then touched her inappropriately. The other lawsuit alleges the patient was molested by Dr. Moussa during two separate visits.
5. The Crestview Police Department is investigating Dr. Moussa but has not yet brought charges against him. Dr. Moussa's license remains clear and active with the Florida Department of Health.
6. All seven lawsuits are seeking financial compensation.