Here are 14 gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons who were featured in the news within the past week.
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Consultant Expert Program selected nine gastroenterologists to lead programs at the ASGE Institute for Training and Technology in Downers Grove, Ill.:
• Amitabh Chak, MD, MS, FASGE, University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland
• Jose-Guillermo de la Mora-Levy, MD, MSc, FASGE, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología in Mexico City
• Kulwinder S. Dua, MD, FASGE, FACP, FRCP, Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee
• Lauren B. Gerson, MD, MSc, FASGE, California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco
• Christopher J. Gostout, MD, FASGE, Mayo Clinic in Rochester (Minn.)
• Linda S. Lee, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston
• Simon K. Lo, MD, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles
• James M. Scheiman, MD, FASGE, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
• Paul R. Tarnasky, MD, Methodist Dallas Medical Center in Dallas
Christopher Andrews, MD, MSc, FRCPC, a gastroenterologist with the University of Calgary in Canada, has joined the M Pharmaceutical board of directors.
Robert Sepersky, MD, a gastroenterologist in Middleborough, Mass., was named the "2015 Community Clinician of the Year."
The American College of Gastroenterology announced the new co-editors-in-chief of The American Journal of Gastroenterology — Brian E. Lacy, MD, PhD, FACG, of Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., and Brennan Spiegel, MD, MSHS, FACG, of Cedars-Sinai Health System in West Hollywood, Calif.
David Bernstein, MD, chief of hepatology for North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y., and Long Island Jewish Hospital in New Hyde Park, N.Y., has been named the medical advisor of pharmaceutical company PAION.