Regional GI, Main Line Gastroenterology Associates and Digestive Disease Associates will merge in a $130 million deal with private equity firm Amulet Capital, PE Hub reports.
What you should know:
1. Amulet Capital is uniting the groups through the deal, creating the 7th largest GI physician group in the U.S. The deal follows analyst predictions that PE firms would target midsize GI groups.
2. Regional GI has four Pennsylvania locations in Lancaster, Elizabethtown and Ephrata and 23 clinicians.
3. Malvern, Pa.-based Main Line Gastroenterology Associates has seven offices, three endoscopy centers and 20 clinicians.
4. Wyomissing, Pa.-based Digestive Disease Associates has four practices, two surgery centers and 19 clinicians.
5. Amulet's deal is the fourth such in gastroenterology. Several analysts predicted a significant boom in GI-focused PE investment in 2019.