Here are 13 gastroenterology-focused ASCs or facilities that have opened or broken ground in 2019:
1. Fort Collins, Colo.-based Centers for Gastroenterology Physicians broke ground on the Greeley (Colo.) Endoscopy Center, a facility managed by ASC management company Pinnacle III, on Feb. 15.
2. Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Avera Health announced it is developing a surgical hospital with an attached medical office building that could open as soon as October. Both facilities will feature specialty physicians in gastroenterology, orthopedics, sports medicine, rheumatology and internal medicine.
3. Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is expanding an established gastroenterology practice in Santa Monica, Calif., by adding other specialties.
4. Theodore A. DeCosta, MD, opened the Gastro Center in West Orange, N.J.
5. Gastroenterology Consultants of Savannah (Ga.) opened a practice at St. Joseph's/Candler's new Pooler, Ga., campus.
6. Columbus-based Ohio Gastroenterology Group is moving into a 42,000-square-foot medical office building and opening an endoscopy center.
7. Zachary, La.-based Lane Gastroenterology celebrated its ribbon-cutting March 19.
8. Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic opened a gastroenterology center on the St. Mary's Hospital portion of its campus.
9. Little Rock, Ark.-based Premier Gastroenterology Associates broke ground April 3 on Premier Medical Plaza.
10. Silver Spring, Md.-based Capital Digestive Care is reopening its Glenn Dale, Md., office and staffing it with five gastroenterologists.
11. Naugatuck, Conn.-based Saint Mary's Hospital plans to open a multispecialty office to complement its recently opened urgent care facility. The multispecialty office will offer gastroenterology, cardiology and gynecology services in Naugatuck.
12. Debra Sukin, CEO of Houston Methodist the Woodlands (Texas) hospital, detailed a $240 million expansion plan for a new patient care tower with endoscopy services.
13. Cleveland-based University Hospitals teamed up with ASC development and management company Physicians Endoscopy to transition and relicense a gastroenterology-focused outpatient department into an ASC in June.