November 29, 2012
1. 11 Ways Hospitals and Health Systems Can Improve Profitability in 2013.
2. Financial Services Firm Downgrades For-Profit Hospital Stocks Due to Fiscal Cliff.
3. Hospital Spending Per Capita Stats for 13 Countries.
4. 5 Reasons Why a Hospital May Be Experiencing Quarterly Losses Right Now.
5. 8 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
6. Upcoming Webinar. Selecting a Suitor: Defending the Process and the Focus on the Buyer Joint Venture Model (Thursday, Dec. 6, noon - 1 p.m. CST). Hosted by McGuireWoods & Juniper Advisory. Presenters include Rex J. Burgdorfer of Juniper Advisory and Geoffrey Cockrell, JD, and Holly Carnell, JD, of McGuireWoods. To register for this free webinar,
7. U.S. District Court Voids HHS' 2004 Changes to Medicare DSH Payments.
8. Universal Health Services to Pay Cash Dividend Next Month.
9. How Many Americans Are Currently Covered by ACOs?
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Scott Posecai of Ochsner Health System in New Orleans.
Phil Peterson of Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Alan Strauss of Carondelet Health Network in Tucson, Ariz.
Jim Budzinski of WellStar Health System in Marietta, Ga.
Mary Ann Freas of Southwest General Health Center in Middleburg Heights, Ohio.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AMN Healthcare, MedeAnalytics, VMG Health and Real Asset Management.