March 8, 2013
1. Moody's: Non-Profit Hospitals' Outlooks Get Even Gloomier After Sequester.
2. More Than 1k Mergers Recorded in U.S. Hospital Sector Since 1994: Are Oligarchies Forming?
3. The Rigors of Today's Healthcare Finances: Q&A With Hendrick Health System CFO Stephen Kimmel.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Managing Clinical Variation to Drive Cost Efficiency and Improve Patient Care (Wednesday, April 24, noon - 1 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. GOP's Latest SGR Fix Won't Hurt Hospitals.
6. Was Sequestration the Best Option for Hospitals?
7. How is Hospital CFO Compensation Changing Today? The CEOs and CFOs of hospitals and health systems are consistently in the public eye, as are their salaries. How is CEO and CFO compensation changing to meet public scrutiny? If you're looking for the answer to this pertinent topic and others, register for the Becker's Hospital Review 4th Annual Meeting, May 9-11, in Chicago. To learn more or register for the conference
8. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Karen Lumpp of Trinitas Regional Medical Center
in Elizabeth, N.J.
John Munson of St. Anthony Regional Hospital
in Carroll, Iowa.
Kevin Han of Stormont-Vail HealthCare
in Topeka, Kan.
Bonnie Schmitz of Agnesian HealthCare
in Fond du Lac, Wis.
Dick Dixon of Scott & White Healthcare
in Temple, Texas.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
McKesson, athenahealth, VMG Health and Surgical Directions.