March 1, 2013
1. Sequestration Set to Kick in, Cut Medicare by Billions.
2. 6 Key Observations on Sequestration and Hospitals.
3. Former CMS Administrator Dr. Bruce Vladeck on Medicare, the SGR & What Hospitals Need to Do Right Now.
4. Upcoming Webinar: HealthCare Appraisers 2013 Valuation Survey - Understand the Trends and Numbers (Thursday, March 7, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. 11 Recent Hospital and Health System Layoffs.
6. Mount Sinai Medical Center, Continuum Health Partners in New York Pursue Merger.
7. The 6 Biggest Reasons Your Hospital's Strategy Will Fail. If you're looking for the answer to this pertinent topic and many others, register for the Becker's Hospital Review 4th Annual Meeting, May 9-11, in Chicago. To learn more or register for the conference
8. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Steven Glass of Cleveland Clinic.
Janice Burnett of Bon Secours Health System
in Marriottsville, Md.
Cass Wisniewski of Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich.
Michael Reney of Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Donald Lorton of Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Va.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers:
athenahealth, ASCOA and Surgical Directions.