January 18, 2013
1. 5 Issues Hospital CFOs Must Focus on in 2013.
2. Highmark to Buy West Penn Debt, Salvages Merger Proposal.
3. 8 Steps for Hospitals Developing Bundled Payment Programs.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Key Community Hospital Partnership Considerations - Taking Your Board Through a Process With a Practical Approach (Wednesday, Jan. 30, noon - 1 p.m. CST).
To register for this free webinar,
5. Recent Hospital CFO Moves:
Benson Hospital in Arizona Tags Ken Gorason as CFO.
Memorial Hospital of Carbon County CFO Steps Down for Health Reasons.
Two LifePoint Hospitals in Texas to Share CFO Jack Wilcox.
6. 21 States Demand Extinction of Massachusetts' Rural Hospital Medicare Loophole.
7. 2013 Healthcare Leadership Awards: Becker's Hospital Review is accepting nominations for its 2013 Healthcare Leadership Awards, which recognize men and women who have made remarkable achievements in
healthcare. The awards will be presented at the Becker's Hospital Review 4th Annual Meeting in May. To nominate a healthcare leader, email Molly Gamble at email@example.com. To learn more about the hospital conference or to register,
8. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Marvin White of St. Vincent Health in Indianapolis.
Mer Doucette of Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor.
Ruth Fowler of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Brian Balutanski of Lock Haven (Pa.) Hospital.
Douglas Shirley of Cooper Health System in Camden, N.J.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Xtend Healthcare, ASCOA and VMG Health.