1. How UW Medicine, Mayo Clinic + others are tackling a backlog of surgical cases Full story
2. 90% of population now in communities where masks not needed: CDC Full story
3. No signs omicron subvariant will spur surge, Dr. Michael Osterholm says Full story
4. Healthcare is lagging behind in putting consumer choice first. Learn how to catch up and build digital engagement in just 45 minutes.
5. Best hospitals for patient experience in the Midwest — 78 make the list Full story
6. GOP effort to end national emergency declaration for COVID-19 clears Senate Full story
7. Leading health system's next to-do? Advancing precision health. Here's how to do it.
8. 331 hospitals with lowest C. diff rates in US Full story
9. 15 states hit most, least by the 'Great Resignation' Full story
10. Maine cuts projected nurse shortage in half Full story
11. Intermountain created a health platform to accelerate care transformation — and it's working. Click here discover how innovation is moving needle on health equity and cost reduction.
12. Board member calls for change in leadership at Minnesota health system linked to racist incidents Full story
13. Trinity hospital names CMO Full story
14. Nearly 1 in 10 physicians have considered suicide, survey finds Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Battling labor strain requires both strategy and culture shifts. Here's how leading execs are pivoting.
2. Hackers know which vulnerabilities to target. Learn how to protect your data by monitoring and securing third-party access.
3. AI can transform the revenue cycle. Download this 5-point report to learn how to implement it.