1. Signs of potential US surge warrant caution, not alarm: 4 expert thoughts Full story
2. Nurses to Joint Commission: Require safe staffing levels for accreditation Full story
3. Dr. Ashish Jha to replace Jeffrey Zients as Biden's COVID czar Full story
4. COVID-19 isn't done with new demands for clinical decision support systems. Click here to make sure yours is up to par.
5. States ranked by omicron subvariant prevalence Full story
6. CMS gives Montana State Hospital extension to fix issues tied to patient deaths Full story
7. Wondering which benefits interoperability can bring? Click here to learn why orthopedic practices that use interoperable solutions perform better.
8. 1 in 3 clinicians considering leaving role by 2024, study shows Full story
9. Permanent daylight saving time has health risks, experts say Full story
10. 10 most segregated hospital markets Full story
11. Ambient AI can innovate the tediousness out of clinical documentation. Click here to learn how.
12. 4 recent moves from nursing unions Full story
13. States ranked by booster rates Full story
14. Wyoming hospital to end obstetrics services over staffing Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hackers know which vulnerabilities to target. Learn how to protect your data by monitoring and securing third-party access.
2. What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.
3. Providers waste 19 minutes and $9.37 for every claim status they check. Stop manually chasing claims — here's how.