1. Why do some people lose smell, taste from COVID-19? 1 explanation Full story
2. US COVID-19 hospitalizations dropping, but 1 state is still seeing record numbers Full story
3. Tower Health fires physician accused of prescribing ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 Full story
4. What happens when patients take charge of their healthcare? They experience better outcomes and patient care improves. Help make it happen here.
5. Radio waves may be source of some 'Havana Syndrome' cases, panel says Full story
6. Immunity from omicron 'not that durable,' Gottlieb says Full story
7. Improving access to providers isn't making people healthier. Click here to learn why a whole new approach to healthcare is needed.
8. Northeast Hospital Corporation has lost 40% of its nursing staff since 2019 Full story
9. 7 schools starting nursing programs Full story
10. Hospitals with a 5-star patient experience rating: California Full story
11. Hospitals need to get safety work back on track. See how BJC Healthcare created a new model to measure safety culture and improve best practices here.
12. Hospital CEOs' No. 1 concern is staffing for 1st time in 17 years Full story
13. 50 states of population health Full story
14. Lung transplant safe for COVID-19 patients, Northwestern Medicine finds Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. AI can transform the revenue cycle. Download this 5-point report to learn how to implement it.
2.What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.
3. Providers waste 19 minutes and $9.37 for every claim status they check. Stop manually chasing claims — here's how.