1. WHO: Omicron subvariant now dominant in 18 countries & 6 more updates Full story
2. Washington state hospitals warn of service cuts if bill setting nursing ratios is enacted Full story
3. US COVID-19 cases fall, but low transmission rate proves elusive Full story
4. IV-related adverse events happen in your hospital every day. Click here to discover how continuous monitoring can protect patients from this under-reported safety issue.
5. Children's Hospital Los Angeles gets $25M gift to support nursing workforce Full story
6. Physicians find limited use for Merck's COVID-19 antiviral Full story
7. Rare disease treatments need an update. Here's where hospitals can start.
8. 4 recent moves from nurses unions Full story
9. How CMS looks at 'fully vaccinated' under mandate Full story
10. Children often fare better than adults with COVID-19: 1 possible explanation Full story
11. 99% of infusion centers haven't tried this strategy to alleviate staffing shortages. Click here to learn more.
12. The 15 best, worst cities for jobs in 2022 Full story
13. Tenet hospital names new chief nursing officer Full story
14. The legacy of Dr. Paul Farmer: A timeline Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 98% of healthcare leaders say they have an AI strategy. Read Optum’s annual AI survey so your strategy can stand out.
2. Do you know the 3 behaviors trustworthy health IT partners exhibit? Click here to learn.
3. Burnout, patient access, health equity: Here's how Virginia Mason Institute is overcoming healthcare's most vexing challenges.