1. Omicron subvariant in 47 states; study finds similar severity to original strain: 5 updates Full story
2. A layoff list, expired medicine, neglected patients: Illinois hospital loses Medicare contract Full story
3. US COVID-19 cases fall below delta peak; excess deaths surpass 1 million Full story
4. To ease clinical documentation burdens and reduce burnout, organizations should look for solutions that capture notes automatically during encounters. Click here for your guide to validate outcomes behind AI technology.
5. 3rd person cured of HIV after stem cell transplant, scientists say Full story
6. CDC, CMS call for rebuilding health system after patient safety measures drop Full story
7. Remote care and remote patient monitoring aren't synonyms. Learn how to deploy real remote care by clicking here.
8. Washington hospital restructures amid executive firings Full story
9. Mass General Brigham names 1st CMO Full story
10. Vaccination during pregnancy protects infants after birth, lowers long COVID-19 risk: 2 new findings Full story
11. Does your patient data paint a whole picture? There's an accurate, affordable way to connect data across your enterprise. Here's how
12. Meet new FDA chief Dr. Robert Califf: 5 things to know Full story
13. University of Pennsylvania to launch tuition-free program for nurse practitioners Full story
14. Researchers identify potential cause, treatment for long COVID-19 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The future of healthcare finance and data is here. Are you ready? Learn how and why finance teams will steer the strategic direction of healthcare organizations.
2. Still using scribes? Learn how documenting care with AI improves patient & physician satisfaction.
3. 2022 means no surprises: Here's how to alleviate physician burden and successfully navigate new medical billing regulations.