1. 2,600 daily COVID-19 deaths; 3 states where deaths are rising fastest Full story
2. VA hospital warns 4,000 patients of infection risk tied to unsterile equipment Full story
3. If 1 in 5 healthcare workers have quit, where have they gone? Full story
4. The CEOs of Carilion Clinic and Saint Luke's Health System plan to transform the patient experience in 2022. Click here to find out how.
5. Meet the CMOs of US News' top 10 hospitals Full story
6. CDC proposes less stringent opioid prescribing guidelines Full story
7. Cardiac rehab prevents readmission and death, but 75% of programs have closed since 2020. See how Geisinger is meeting demand with a virtual rehab program.
8. Hospitals face fiercer competition for the worst-paying specialty Full story
9. 5 nurses making headlines on and off the job Full story
10. 48 hospitals on Forbes' list of best employers Full story
11. What's missing from your planning efforts? Click here and learn the two things healthcare leaders need to move forward.
12. Illinois hospitals with a 5-star patient experience rating Full story
13. Hospitals plead with Congress to tackle workforce shortages Full story
14. Life expectancy by state: CDC Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare innovations shouldn't take years to complete. Here's how systems are speeding up the transformation process.
2. Cyber risks are everywhere. Click here to ensure they’re accounted for in your healthcare business strategy.
3. How Brigham and Women's is improving communication + patient satisfaction in the ED. Join the virtual discussion here.