1. Omicron surge may peak in January, models predict Full story
2. Massachusetts health systems to mandate boosters for employees Full story
3. COVID-19 cases up in 46 states, down in 2, flat in 2 Full story
4. Innovation with purpose: Leading surgeons discuss emerging technology and the path to better outcomes. Click here to attend the virtual panel.
5. Henry Ford Health System closes 97 beds amid staffing challenges Full story
6. Omicron makes up 95% of all new US cases: CDC Full story
7. Hospitals can't hire nurses fast enough. Learn how Memorial Hermann disrupted the shortage.
8. 2 US regions reporting most flu activity — 7 notes Full story
9. Hospitals see more patients 'with COVID-19' vs. 'for COVID-19' Full story
10. 13 hospitals seeking CMOs Full story
11. Patients are struggling to afford your services. It's time to rethink your billing strategy. Here's how to get started.
12. COVID-19 vaccine not linked to preterm birth, CDC study finds Full story
13. Hogan declares emergency in Maryland: What it means for hospitals Full story
14. Summa Health allowing employees with mild COVID-19 to come to work Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Demand for mental healthcare is far outpacing supply. See how virtual care can help here.
2. Time to ditch manual registration. Learn how one clinic chain achieved a 94% patient satisfaction rate through touchless registration.
3. The total joint market is growing even faster than you think. Here's how one Oregon ASC is making the most of it.