1. 5 states reporting record COVID-19 hospitalizations Full story
2. New coronavirus variant detected in France Full story
3. Saint Vincent nurses ratify contract, end longest nurses' strike in Massachusetts history Full story
4. Physician documentation should no longer be a burden. Click here for a modern solution.
5. Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes found guilty of fraud Full story
6. Omicron patients less likely to be hospitalized, have shorter stays: 6 study findings Full story
7. Cybersecurity is becoming a board-level issue. Here's what your leaders want to know.
8. Why this surge is complicating physicians' treatment decisions Full story
9. 1 in 5 nurses burned out: 5 findings from Medscape's nurse career satisfaction report Full story
10. Governor asks New York hospitals for greater detail in COVID-19 inpatient reports Full story
11. Don't let the telehealth push pinch workflows. Here's how to balance patient and staff needs.
12. 5 top safety issues for hospitals to address in 2022 Full story
13. Nurses union condemns expiration of emergency OSHA standards Full story
14. US reports 1M+ new COVID-19 cases in 1 day, a global record Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The patient experience isn’t as great as healthcare leaders think. Find out what 1,800 patients, physicians and healthcare leaders in 13 countries had to say in a new study from Abbott.
2. The obesity reckoning is here — What happens next will determine the health of most Americans. Click here to read the 3-part report.
3. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.