1. CMO leaves New Jersey hospital after probe into managerial concerns Full story
2. DC reports nation's highest hospitalization rate for 2+ weeks Full story
3. 3 top patient safety concerns right now, per Leapfrog CEO Full story
4. 1 in 4 nurses are assaulted on the job — what are you doing to protect them? Wearable technology can safeguard nurses and save a 100-bed hospital up to $838,000 annually. Here's how
5. Los Angeles braces for Super Bowl amid omicron surge Full story
6. Cleveland Clinic served record-setting number of patients in 2021 Full story
7. Telepsychiatry is no longer a "nice-to-have." See why more hospitals are rolling out 24/7 emergency telepsychiatry programs here.
8. Federal vaccination mandate begins for healthcare workers in 25 states Full story
9. Next variant could be more transmissible than omicron, WHO says Full story
10. Two-thirds of omicron cases are reinfections, UK study suggests Full story
11. Sentara Health studied the field and found success during its shift to value-based care. Here's how.
12. 5 states requiring boosters for healthcare staff Full story
13. 'An invisible HHS secretary': Critics come after Xavier Becerra for pandemic absence Full story
14. Nurses are burnt out, global shortage may worsen: 5 recent study findings Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Providers waste 19 minutes and $9.37 for every claim status they check. Stop manually chasing claims — here's how.
2. What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.
3. Hackers know which vulnerabilities to target. Learn how to protect your data by monitoring and securing third-party access.