1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 variant found in 2nd state; Warp Speed leaders acknowledge slow vaccine rollout — 4 updates Full story
3. Spoiled COVID-19 vaccine doses at Wisconsin hospital 'intentionally' left out Full story
4. Is your health system prepared to face 2021’s drug shortages? Click here to learn how data and AI can help manage hospitals’ drug supply needs.
5. COVID-19 viral load could help physicians predict illness severity Full story
6. Canadian healthcare providers can now practice in Michigan Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Right drug, wrong dose? Why adjustments must be made for kidney function. Click here to read more.
- Agility is the key to pivoting critical operations during the pandemic. This report explores the role information plays in your health system and how it informs your decisions.
- Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.
8. Washington nursing home at center of 1st US outbreak begins vaccination Full story
9. Scripps CEO: Care rationing near if Californians ignore COVID-19 mitigation efforts Full story
10. 5 things we still don't know about COVID-19 Full story
11. Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
12. Physicians link severe psychotic symptoms to COVID-19 Full story
13. 10 top nursing stories in 2020 Full story
14. California nurse begs people to 'stop being careless' in viral TikTok video Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.
2. Is your ASC's anesthesia professionalized? Click here to learn six ways professionalized anesthesia management can increase efficicency and revenue.
3. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.