1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Biden taps 3 officials for COVID-19 response team; McConnell blocks bill for $2K stimulus checks — 7 updates Full story
3. COVID-19 variant found in Colorado, 2nd case suspected: What we know today Full story
4. Administering COVID-19 vaccines will present clinical workflow challenges for health systems. Click here to learn how intelligent automation can streamline the process.
5. Skip line for COVID-19 vaccine and lose your license, California governor warns healthcare provide Full story
6. COVID-19 pandemic 'not necessarily the big one,' top WHO official says Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Deceased patients and their families deserve compassionate and efficient care. Click here to learn how to eliminate errors and enhance workflows in processing patients after death.
- OR optimization case study: Lessons from Erlanger Health System and Baystate Health. Click here to read the report.
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
8. Southern California hospitals face oxygen shortage Full story
9. Cleveland Clinic to resume elective surgeries in Ohio Full story
10. MidMichigan Health physician driving COVID-19 vaccines between hospitals in his car Full story
11. It's time to make health equity a reality. Click here to learn how physician and executive leaders are driving change at their organization.
12. 10 top patient safety issues for 2021 Full story
13. 'Terrible, no good year for rural health': Why healthcare leaders are leaving small-town America Full story
14. 8 hospitals hiring chief nursing officers Full story
15. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: Dec. 30 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
2. Is your dental practice ready to offer self-service technology to patients? Click here to learn why patients love it.
3. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.