1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Assume UK variant is deadlier, Fauci says; social distancing, masks needed until late July, model predicts — 9 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. 29 physician specialties ranked by burnout rates Full story
4. Patients benefit from enhanced recovery programs. Click here to join the discussion on starting or expanding your protocols.
5. 1,900 Moderna vaccine doses spoiled at Boston hospital after freezer is unplugged Full story
6. Mixing COVID-19 vaccine doses OK in rare situations, CDC says Full story
7. How to manage multiple robots in your OR: Learn key tips and lessons during this live virtual discussion.
8. FDA approves first monthly injectable to treat HIV Full story
9. Texas physician charged with theft of COVID-19 vaccine Full story
10. Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may not be as effective against new variants, Fauci says Full story
11. There's a surplus of healthcare data, but does your health system know how to extract insights from it? Click here to learn data-driven, practical ways to innovate and increase efficiency.
12. Atrium Health launches COVID-19 vaccine initiatives for underserved, people 65 and older Full story
13. Flu hospitalizations at lowest rate in almost a decade — 7 CDC FluView takeaways Full story
14. 21 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.
2. How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.
3. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.