1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 patient killed by hospital roommate in California, police say Full story
3. New York hospitals now testing for new COVID-19 variant Full story
4. One healthcare partnership propelled primary and specialty care virtual visits to new heights during the pandemic. Click here to learn why their strategy paid off for patients.
5. Antarctica no longer COVID-19 free, virus officially on every continent Full story
6. NYC sends deputy sheriffs to homes, hotels to make sure UK travelers quarantined Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.
- Agility is the key to pivoting critical operations during the pandemic. This report explores the role information plays in your health system and how it informs your decisions.
- Deceased patients and their families deserve compassionate and efficient care. Click here to learn how to eliminate errors and enhance workflows in processing patients after death.
8. Black physician dies of COVID-19 after alleging racist care at IU Health hospital Full story
9. 16 of the CDC's most notable pandemic response actions Full story
10. COVID-19 data will wobble for next 10+ days: 5 considerations when reviewing numbers Full story
11. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
12. Kaiser Permanente CEO: Kaiser Permanente CEO: 'We're at or near capacity everywhere' Full story
13. 62 CNO moves in 2020 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. Is your ASC's anesthesia professionalized? Click here to learn six ways professionalized anesthesia management can increase efficicency and revenue.
3. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.